Engineering Manager – MM0123
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
AKD is offering an exciting opportunity to join our Maintenance & Engineering Team in Tumut in the position of Engineering Manager. The position will lead, drive and develop the maintenance teams to perform at their best and implement maintenance and reliability improvements.
Drawing on past experiences and ideally a qualification in Engineering or similar, the Engineering Manager will implement maintenance, reliability and continuous improvement plans which continue to build on the skills, function and success of the maintenance team and deliver improved reliability and uptime performance for the site.
The person coming into this role must have a passion for people and their individual development, and an ability to manage, coach, mentor and lead teams across multiple shifts and functions. Reporting to the Tumut Site Manager and with responsibility for the 30 plus strong team of qualified and apprentice fitters and electricians; the position requires someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to drive performance across teams.
This position requires the individual to develop and maintain strong relationships across the business and teams to support our fast-paced and highly technical operations.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall leadership and mentoring to the mechanical and electrical maintenance team to optimise productivity and maximise plant availability.
- Developing maintenance processes and workflows that ensure product quality; along with setting standards, metrics, and measurement techniques to assess the quality of work at each stage of the production process.
- Identify the bottlenecks in the team productivity and maintain continuous improvement tactics.
- Ensure preventative maintenance and project work are completed to standard and in accordance with agreed work plans.
- Providing reliability and engineering expertise.
- Drive maintenance and reliability improvement strategies and initiatives.
- Mentoring and managing the apprenticeship program.
- Oversee and manage external contractor engagement, mobile plant fleet, and EPA compliance actions.
- Budgeting and cost control of maintenance, shutdowns, labour, and overtime
- Promoting safety through active participation and support of company policies and procedures, in addition to initiating corrective action for recognised unsafe conditions or hazards.
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Ideally Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar)
- Passion for people development
- Comprehensive knowledge of OH&S regulations and systems
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Strong relationship management skills/experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy, and numerical skills
- Comprehension of Australian and International Standards
If you are results orientated, have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘MM0123’ to email@example.com. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close 30th January 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.