Facilities Coordinator / Handyperson – FCTUMUT23
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
AKD are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated and reliable person with a strong eye for detail that takes pride in their work to join our maintenance team.
This position as Facilities Coordinator / Handyperson will be responsible for the general care and maintenance as outlined in this advert, across our Tumut site.
The successful applicant must be physically fit, and able to work unsupervised. This is a full-time position.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring our site appearance and buildings are maintained to a high standard
- General external and internal maintenance, grounds maintenance and repairs
- Coordinate and supervise the current grounds maintenance contractors
- Complete and coordinate orders for grounds maintenance as required
- Ensure safety regulations and requirements relating to tasks being completed are completed as per AKD standards
- Using a variety of hand and power tools
- Duties including but not limited to:-
- Building, office and common areas maintenance, repairs, and improvements
- Minor painting & plastering when required
- General carpentry tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs, i.e. leaking taps, blocked toilets
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Demonstrate experience with general maintenance and building repairs, minor plumbing, cleaning and other relevant trades
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to the highest of standard
- The ability to solve and fix problems
- Able to work autonomously & willingness and flexibility to perform other duties as directed
- Have a great eye for detail & excellent communication skills
- Have your own basic tools
- Be available to work Saturdays as and when required
- Previous experience as a Tradesman or Handyman is essential with references required to support
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘FCTUMUT23’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close 3rd February 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.