Finance Manager – FM0224
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,100 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute, self-motivated person to join our team in the position of Finance Manager responsible for our Tumut operations. Partnering closely with the Tumut Site Manager and Group Financial Controller, and part of a small on-site finance team, the role will provide financial and commercial support to the Tumut operation using the existing information systems.
This position is based at our Tumut site. Flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for tasks including:
- Preparation and presentation of financial and management reports
- Budget & Forecast preparation
- Cashflow forecasting and management
- Capital expenditure evaluation and justification
- Assist with procurement, supply chain and payroll
- Assist in database and business system development
- Ad-hoc analytical assignments to support strategic and tactical decision making
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- Be a driven self starter, who is commercially astute
- Be suitably tertiary qualified and preferably CA/CPA qualified
- Relate well to, and engage with, a variety of stakeholders.
- Have experience in a processing or manufacturing environment (advantageous)
- Be able to communicate effectively across the entire organisation
The role would suit a finance professional seeking a role with a significantly broader scope than your traditional accounting role.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘FM0224’ to email@example.com.
Applications close 10th February 2024
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.