Health Safety & Environment Traineeship – HSE1023
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
AKD is excited to offer a Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Traineeship, based in Tumut.
This position offers an opportunity for someone looking to start a career in safety and will play a key part in our pledge to Think, Work, Be Safe, by providing HSE support across the site.
As a trainee, you will receive on-the-job training and gain valuable experience in various safety tasks while undertaking a fully funded Certificate 4 in WHS.
The successful applicants will have great communication skills and a friendly nature.
The HSE Trainee will be responsible for:
- Maintaining safety management systems
- Supporting co-ordination of training
- Undertaking and supporting health and well-being initiatives
- Assist with safety audits and programs
- Assist with the induction process.
- Review tickets, licences, insurances, and qualifications, ensuring all documentation is accurately recorded and maintained.
The successful applicant will have:
- A positive / can-do attitude and happy to assist our dynamic team where required
- Be highly organised and adaptable
- Fantastic computer skills across a range of software and systems
- Have the courage and confidence to raise issues or foreseen problems with relevant parties
If you have commitment, motivation and want to be part of a fantastic team, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘HSE1023’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications close 20th October 2023.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.