Internal Legal Counsel – COUNSEL23
AKD is a vertically integrated forestry products company, producing sustainable timber products.
With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have over 1,000 team members and are passionate about what we do! AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a ‘can do’ attitude.
AKD are seeking an Internal Legal Counsel to support the continued growth of the business, with the newly created role assuming responsibility for providing timely and effective legal advice and support while protecting the legal and commercial interests of the business.
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the CEO and Executive Team, this role will be exposed to all aspects of the AKD business. The position will suit someone with experience in a similar position or 4-5 years’ experience in commercial law with a reputable law firm. Exposure to property transactions, M&A and due diligence will be highly regarded.
The position requires strong communication and influencing skills and an ability to develop key relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and independently and be comfortable in both site-based and corporate environments.
The role will be based at either our Colac (Victoria) or North Lakes (Queensland) support offices, with flexible hours and working arrangements for the right candidate.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Legal support and oversight for all land acquisitions & lease arrangements.
- Review of all material supply contracts and legal support for commercial negotiations.
- Effective relationships with the Executive Team which includes active participation in decision making.
- Providing legal support for due diligence and M&A activities.
- Provide legal support to internal departments and liaise with external counsel on legal matters.
- Challenging AKD’s approach to business, strategy, and operating paradigm.
Experience and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualified in Law.
- Experience working with, supporting and influencing Senior Management & Leadership teams.
- Experience in general commercial law advice and legal contract development and review.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
If you are seeking a role driving the growth of a national business, then apply via Seek or email to firstname.lastname@example.org using reference code ‘COUNSEL23’ in your cover letter.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5234 1800 or email@example.com.
Note: Applications close 8th May 2023. Pre-employment tests required.