Irrewarra Site Manager – ISM0922
Fantastic leadership opportunity
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
AKD are seeking an experienced and driven individual to join our team in the position of Irrewarra Site Manager. This position will lead the Irrewarra Sawmill team, focused on creating a zero-harm safety culture, driving a high performing team and executing on performance expectations.
The position will drive the safe and efficient management and operations of the sawmill and kiln drying process, by creating and supporting a fun and engaging work environment, that supports individuals to develop and succeed. This position is perfect for someone with a passion for innovation and process improvement.
We believe the position will best suit someone with either a Tertiary Qualification or someone with experience in production or people management. Exposure to the timber or manufacturing industries will be valuable but not necessary.
The successful candidate must be willing to challenge and enhance existing processes and systems and be a people orientated person with strong communication and influencing skills who is self-motivated, and solutions driven.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Managing and driving performance of our Irrewarra sawmill
- Leading and developing a strong team to achieve performance while maintaining our Zero Harm culture
- Continually improve housekeeping standards across the site
- Influence stakeholders to achieve business outcomes
- Support and assist with the effective implementation of the AKD Strategy
- Drive continual improvement and instil it into the culture
- Analyse performance trends and take early actions
- Continually develop an engaged workforce that feel rewarded for effort
- Develop the people around you and establish a succession plan
If you believe you have the drive, experience and are performance driven, then please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com and using reference code ‘ISM0922’ in your cover letter.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 5th October 2022.
Pre-employment tests required.