Kiln Attendant / Forklift Operator – KA0223
Attractive 12 hour shift roster
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are seeking energetic, self motivated and process driven people to join our team in these unique and exciting opportunities. We are looking for a Kiln Attendant to operate in our Timber Drying process to drive performance, quality and process efficiencies are identified.
This is a ‘hands-on’ full-time position based at our Tumut site and suit applicants that have experience and motivation to ensure process uptime along with working in a team environment. We recognise that this position is unique and will be suited to those that have experience or are willing to complete job rotation and 12 hour shift work.
We are offering great wage and shift conditions on an attractive 12 hour shift roster.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed for all activities, promote a safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Constantly reviews the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Operation of Forklift (up to 20 tonne)
Key to your success in this role will be:
- Solid experience loading and unloading goods/materials that are oversized and/or long length
- Participate in job rotation where and when required through-out the site
- Must be prepared to undertake further training to improve skills base
- Must be able to work a 24/7 – 12 hour shift work roster including weekend work and Public Holidays
- Advanced Boiler ticket or Kiln Drying experience an advantage
- Forklift license is preferred with the EWP ticket an advantage
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘KA0223’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100 or email@example.com.
Applications close 10th March 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.