Maintenance Fitter – Supervisor – MAINT-0224
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and trade qualified Maintenance Supervisor to lead our maintenance department. This leadership position is an important part of our team, overseeing the day-to-day site maintenance requirements.
Based at our Heywood site, the Maintenance Supervisor must have a strong commitment to safety and a focus and passion for continuous improvement. With a positive and mature attitude, the candidate will lead daily activities with a ‘hands on’ approach coordinating their team to achieve high levels of safety, preventative maintenance, and production efficiency.
We offer job security and above award remuneration with an attractive remuneration structure. Working in a great workshop environment this position provides an attractive rotating shift roster, allowing for a good work/life balance.
- Manage and conduct preventative maintenance tasks,
- Respond promptly to equipment breakdowns,
- Document breakdowns, identifying root cause and actions to help identify and resolve recurring issues.
- Manage maintenance storerooms ensuring sufficient equipment and critical spares,
- Consistently demonstrate a high personal standard and work ethic,
- Assist with the development of maintenance procedures,
- Develop and upskill the crew to improve site reliability and eliminate recurring issues,
Preferred qualities and qualifications include:
- Completed trade certificate.
- Sound knowledge and acceptance of OH&S Principles.
- Previous experience on heavy machinery; preferably in manufacturing/industrial background.
- Knowledge of Pneumatics / Hydraulics.
- Machining & Welding experience.
- Previous experience as a supervisor / manager with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in computer use including Microsoft Office, and ability to learn safety systems.
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘MAINT0224’ to the below addresses. For further information please email email@example.com or call Jaimmii Jackway (Planning Coordinator) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5527 1904.
Note: Applications close COB Friday 16th February 2024
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.