Maintenance Fitter – MFTY0223
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated problem-solver to join our small maintenance team to work across our Yarram Sawmill site. The successful candidate will be looking for an exciting challenge and join a fantastic team environment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will have proven experience providing solutions and technical expertise for the hands-on maintenance of plant and equipment. The position is key to supporting the Site Production teams and improving the plant’s preventative maintenance and reliability programs that minimise plant down time as well as actively promoting company safety and efficiency.
The role will be on a non-rotating 38-hour week Monday to Friday on our afternoon shift roster that offers very attractive finish times of 9.30pm Monday to Thursday and a 6.00pm finish on Fridays. This position offers an attractive remuneration package that includes relevant loadings, has plenty of opportunities for overtime as well as allows for a good work/life balance.
Desirably you will have experience and competencies in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues, with strong communication skills
- Preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Performing breakdown works efficiently to support production teams
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Willing to work as part of the broader maintenance team and coordinate activities with regard to operational requirements
- Mechanical trade and/or experience in this industry
- Forklift & Elevated Work Platform license
- Good problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using reference code ‘MFTY0223’.
Note: Applications close: 15th March 2023
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.