Mechanical Designer – MD0922
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Mechanical Designer who will provide technical drawings and engineering support to our maintenance and projects teams, working within a large national business.
Reporting to the Project Manager, this position will be responsible for mechanical design and review and provide technical assistance on projects in relation to mechanical infrastructure. The successful candidate will also ensure processing robustness and efficiency, perform design over the full spectrum of building and manufacturing projects including new equipment, structural inspections and modifications, managing external suppliers and supervising projects from concept to commissioning.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday and is based at our Caboolture site. This position will suit those who strive to provide value adding solutions for the organisation and someone looking to work in a great team environment.
This position will suit a suitably tertiary qualified candidate with qualifications related to mechanical design or an experienced mechanical designer, with previous experience within a manufacturing environment an advantage.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Be a technical leader in design and support of the project teams
- Engage and support key site and team stakeholders when facilitating improvement works, clear communication & collaboration
- Be able to review technical aspects of projects including submissions, technical reports, variation applications and RFI’s.
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients, work colleagues and contractors
- Have solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, predominantly Word and Excel, be CAD competent (Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD 3D and/or Advanced Steel)
- Providing reliability and engineering expertise
- Expertise in design and process improvements
- Ensuring that engineering standards are met on site
- Complete preliminary and detailed equipment designs that comply with AKD safety requirements and Australian Standards
- Creating models and technical drawings for workshop fabrication and installation
Experience & requirements:
- Absolute commitment to Health & Safety
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Strong understanding of Australian and International Standards
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email resume and cover letter using reference code ‘MD0922’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 30th September 2022
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.