Production & Forklift Operators – PFCAB0921
Production & Forklift Operators
All shifts available
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We have a number of full time opportunities throughout our Caboolture sawmill operations for Production & Forklift Operators. Our site is currently expanding its operations and we are seeking highly motivated and reliable candidates to join our production teams.
We have day and afternoon shifts available with attractive shift allowances applicable. With a fantastic roster structure, our day and afternoon shifts are 9.5hr shifts working 4 days a week between Monday & Friday.
The right candidate will have opportunities to grow within the business in either technical or leadership fields.
Key Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Machine Operation
- Ensuring all quality specifications are met
- Reporting equipment faults
- Manual handling
- Wrapping and strapping of timber packs
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed for all activities
- Perform and enjoy shift work
- Set up and operate production machines effectively and according to standards
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with other production and site personnel
In addition to above:
- A current forklift licence
- Strong forklift competencies, skills and experience
- Attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively
The successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to Workplace Health & Safety
- Commitment to long term employment
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference ‘PFCAB0921’
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.