Production & Machine Operators – PMTUMUT22
Production & Machine Operators
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We have a number of full-time opportunities for motivated, energic and committed applicants throughout our Tumut sawmill operations for production & machine operators.
We are seeking candidates that have or are willing to learn in process and technical roles that are vital to our production. These positions are machine & console operators and quality control employees with high level training provided.
We are offering full-time day shift positions across our site, working an attractive roster of 4 days per week, between Monday & Friday.
The right candidate will have opportunities to grow within the business in either technical or leadership fields.
Key Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Machine Operation
- Ensuring all quality specifications are met
- Reporting equipment faults
- Manual handling
- Wrapping and strapping of timber packs
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed for all activities
- Perform and enjoy shift work
- Set up and operate production machines effectively and according to standards
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with other production and site personnel
The successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to Workplace Health & Safety
- Commitment to long term employment
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘PMTUMUT22’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 10th October 2022
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.