Quality Control Officer – QCO0523
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an experienced, energetic and driven individual to join our operations team as Quality Control Officer, in the frontline of our process, to assist with the day-to-day operations in our Green Mill production.
This position is based at our Irrewarra operation on a day shift roster structure and will play an integral role in ensuring all requirements relating to compliance and quality are met. The role also carries a secondary function being that of Leading Hand of employees in grading and quality area, ensuring they are appropriately trained. This is not a laboratory-based role, rather is an operational role, with 95% of time on floor collecting data for decision making.
The successful candidate will work in the Green Mill Team in conjunction with the supervisor to ensure production outputs adhere to AKD’s Quality standards and policies.
Within our Green Mill operations this position is integral to ensuring product output is in adherence to AKD’s grading, testing and sampling regime for compliance with Internal and External Standards, as well be actively involved in procedure development and continuous improvement of the Quality function.
Successful candidates will be offered further training in AKD’s quality standards and policies to develop profound knowledge of sawmilling operations; from standing trees to end use of product.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating quality system documentation and records.
- Conducting product inspection with internal and external customers and providing recommendations and corrective actions for non-compliance
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to maintain and improve quality of our products.
- Ensure all Critical Control Point verification and calibration activities are complete.
- Prepared to complete further training in Quality Systems as per QC Training Plan.
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Highly developed understanding of OH&S and safety standards and policies
- Proven influencing skills and experience dealing with operational teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong computer skills – including word & excel
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘QCO0523’ to email@example.com. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close 15th June 2023
Drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.