Sales and Services Trainee – SST0224
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,100 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute, self-motivated person to join our team in the position of Sales and Service Trainee. This position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to gain valuable experience within a large manufacturing business.
Based at our NSW Distribution Centre in Tumut, this role is perfect for someone looking to kick start or further develop their career. The successful applicant will receive extensive training and support, designed to ensure a long and successful career with AKD.
This position is based on site, with regular travel in southern NSW and the ACT.
The Sales and Service Trainee will be responsible for tasks including:
- Face to face interactions with customers
- Initiate, maintain, and enhance customer relationships
- Effective internal communications of market trends and customer’s issues
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer’s business and needs
- Build an understanding of production process and how this relates to product sales, demands and value
- Following up customer enquiries on pricing, product, and account discrepancies
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A passion for interacting with clients to understand their business needs and challenges
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong business acumen
- Be able to communicate effectively across the entire organisation
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SST0224’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 12th February 2024
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.