Saw Technician – SAWCAB21
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are offering an opportunity for an energetic and self motivated person to join our team in pursuit of sawing excellence. This position is fundamental to ensuring our product and our processes are to the highest quality.
This is a full-time position based at our Caboolture site and will involve all aspects of sawing performance using the latest technology available. This position would suit a hard working, skilled and experienced applicant that is looking for career change and growth with an innovative timber manufacturing business running the latest technology in Saw Milling equipment.
We are offering great wage and shift conditions and strong career path development opportunities. Relocation assistance is available for the candidate and their family.
We are passionate about developing and investing in our sawshop function and team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Excellence in maintain sawing machines, tools, and performance to a high standard
- Working with the team to complete alignments, services and monitoring sawing machines across the sites
- Run CPI based service routines
- Be multi skilled across a number of hands on tasks, with development across a number of areas
- Perform routine service work and preventative maintenance to ensure our saws are first class
The successful applicants will have:
- A desire to continue to learn and grow
- Good time management skills, being able to prioritise tasks
- Commitment and hard working attitude
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Qualification Preferences: Complete or underway Trade certificate in Saw Doctoring or Maintenance Trades, Post trade certificates, Manufacturing/Process Improvement experience, Leadership.
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SAWCAB21’ to firstname.lastname@example.org or via SEEK.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100 or email@example.com.
Note: Applications close Immediate start available
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.