Sales Account Manager- SALES1023
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
AKD is seeking an energetic, self-driven and passionate Senior Sales Account Manager to join our Sales Team. Reporting to the Victorian Sales Manager and based out of our Colac office; The position will contribute to the wider National Sales Strategy by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships and driving sales planning and activity to create greater value for AKD and its customers.
The successful applicant must have a passion to work in a decision orientated, fast-paced, people first environment, and have demonstrated sales and customer relation experience. Experience in sales management or supply chain management is an advantage, with the role also involved in budgeting and forecasting activity.
The right candidate will have sales account management experience and best suit someone with either a Tertiary Qualification in Commerce, Business, Marketing (or similar) or someone with demonstrated experience in a relevant sales role (but not mandatory). Exposure to the timber industry is an advantage, but not a necessity. The person must have a passion to work in a decision orientated, fast-paced, people first environment.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty by identifying and satisfying customers’ needs through pro-active customer contact and developed relationships
- Developing and implementing sales and pricing strategies in consultation with the Victorian Sales Manager
- Willing to learn all aspects of sawmilling operations
- Sales data entry and administration
- Report writing and analysis
- Conducting product presentations
- Market Research and Product Development as required
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer-focused sales role
- Exceptional communication and presenting skills (written and verbal)
- Sound computing skills
- Thrives in an engaging and dynamic environment
- Willing to be a leader as part of a high performing team
- Ability to work well under pressure and is driven to succeed.
If you are results orientated, thrive on a challenge and believe you hold the commitment and energy to succeed in such a role, then please apply using reference code SALES1023 in your cover letter along with a resume. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Colac HR Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 20th October 2023. Pre-employment tests required.