Shift Maintenance Fitter – MFT1023
Fantastic 12 hour rotating roster / 38 hour week
Attractive pay rate, working in a great team environment
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated problem-solver to join our team of over 30 qualified tradespeople to work across our Tumut Sawmill site. The successful candidate will be looking for an exciting challenge and join a fantastic team environment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will have proven experience with providing solutions and technical expertise for the hands on maintenance of plant and equipment. The position is key to supporting the Site Production teams and improving the plant’s preventative maintenance and reliability programs that minimise plant down time.
The positions will be on an attractive rotating roster based on 12 hour shifts working 38 hours per week. This position also offers an attractive annualised remuneration with opportunity for overtime and allows for a good work/life balance.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues, with strong communication skills
- Preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Performing breakdown works efficiently to support production teams
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Willing to work as part of the broader maintenance team and coordinate activities with regard to operational requirements
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Mechanical trade certificate
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using reference code ‘MFT1023’.
Applications close: 20th October 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.