Shift Maintenance Fitter – SMF0823
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
Due to continued growth we are offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated problem-solver with a mechanical trade who is looking for an exciting challenge.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader you will have proven experience with providing solutions and technical expertise for the hands on maintenance of plant and equipment. The position is key to supporting the Site Production teams and improving the plant’s preventative maintenance and reliability programs that minimise plant down time.
The position will be on our “lifestyle” roster based on 12hr shifts with a 7-day rest period every 4 weeks. This position also offers an attractive annualised remuneration with opportunity for overtime.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues, with strong communication skills
- Preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Performing breakdown works efficiently to support production teams
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Willing to work as part of the broader maintenance team and coordinate activities with regard to operational requirements
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Mechanical trade certificate
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using code ‘SMF0823’. For further information please email email@example.com or call Rachelle Holt (Caboolture HR Manager) on 0458 437 736.
Applications close: 31st August 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.