Shift Supervisor – SUP0523
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated person to lead our Dry Mill on afternoon shift at our Colac operation.
The position requires a suitably experienced Shift Supervisor, who is committed to our people, their safety and continuous improvement of our product and processes.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will lead daily activities with a focus on our employees. The successful applicant will be coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance, equipment utilisation and quality.
Leading a team of approximately 40 people, it is preferred the applicants have previous experience in developing and leading high performing teams and an unrelenting commitment to safety. Having worked in a similar timber process manufacturing facility or industrial manufacturing environment is desired but not mandatory.
This is a great opportunity for the right person with demonstrated or similar experience that is looking for the next challenge in their career in managing a large team as well as focus on quality and training.
The successful applicant will:
- Communicate effectively with team & site personnel to support a process of continuous improvement
- Effectively lead the Dry Mill team to maximise safety, production output, and quality
- Promote ongoing support and leadership in the development of your team
- Drive high performance and output on production targets
- Deliver improvements across the department and coordinate operations associated with the department
- Contribute to maximising equipment uptime, performance and efficiencies across the production team
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Absolute Commitment to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Mechanical / engineering aptitude
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to develop a high performing team
- Proven ability of developing key professional relationships
- Relevant Trade or tertiary qualifications will be viewed upon favourably
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SUP0523’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5234 1800 or email@example.com.
Applications Close: 18th May 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.