Technical Quality Control Officer – QC0922
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an experienced, energetic and driven individual to join our operations team as Technical Quality Control Officer to assist with the day-to-day operations in our Quality Team.
This position is based at our Caboolture operation on a predominately day shift roster and will play an integral role in ensuring all requirements relating to product compliance and quality are fulfilled in a safe and effective manner.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the Operational Teams to ensure production outputs adhere to AKD’s quality standards and policies whilst maximising value through processes such as monitoring grading, testing and sampling for compliance with Internal and external standards.
Within our Quality Team, this position requires working across departments and is an integral boundary spanner to connect our quality control circle network; through building and maintaining cross-functional relationships.
Successful candidates are to complete further training in AKD’s quality standards and policies to develop knowledge of sawmilling operations; from standing trees to end use of product. Additional leadership and supervisory training will be offered to the right candidate in the Technical Quality Control Officer Training Plan.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage the quality control systems for grade and product certification
- Implement quality initiatives supporting the processing of timber products at the Caboolture site
- Manage the quality control systems for product verification testing and compliance auditing
- Communicate and work with key stakeholders to maintain and improve quality of our products.
- Work in all departments of our business, supporting our Quality objectives
- Prepared to complete further training in Quality Systems & Leadership as per Training Plan.
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Highly developed understanding of OH&S and safety standards and policies
- Proven influencing skills and experience dealing with operational teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong computer skills – including word & excel
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘QCO0922’ to the below addresses. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 14th September 2022
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required