Wood Machinist – WM0823
Fantastic opportunity for a qualified Wood Machinist
Important role within our business
Relocation expenses are available
Working in a national business as well as a great team environment
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an excellent opportunity for a qualified, energetic and skilled person to join our team of wood machinists. This is a full-time position based at our Colac site and will involve all aspects of wood machining.
This position will support and drive the efficient management and operations of our Dry Mill on afternoon shift as our Wood Machinist, ensuring our planers are set and maintained to achieve a high-quality standard of product and process. This position is perfect for someone with passion for continuous improvement, working in a team environment and has previous experience in wood machining. Experience within the timber or manufacturing industry is an advantage but not mandatory.
We are offering for relocation expenses for the right candidate to support you and/or your family when becoming part of the AKD team.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Perform tasks safely & efficiently
- Grind and set up planer heads
- Operate a CNC High Speed Planer to process timber products
- Assess and maintain cutter performance
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- General maintenance and care of machinery
- Comply with standard operating procedures and work instructions
The successful applicants will have:
- Good time management skills, be able to prioritise tasks.
- Have commitment and strong work ethic
- Be able to work alone or as part of a group
- Be reliable and flexible to suit shift configurations
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, verbal & written
- Show absolute commitment to Health and Safety of self and others
- Have experience on high speed planers (desirable)
Minimum Trade Qualification: Complete or Near Complete Certificate III Wood Machining.
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘WM0823’ to the below addresses or apply via SEEK. For more information visit akd.com.au or (03) 5231 9100.
Applications open for qualified candidates, with immediate start available
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.