Electrical & Automation Manager – EAMGR22
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
We are now offering an experienced and qualified Electrical & Automation Manager that is flexible, enjoys a challenge and has experience in and a passion for manufacturing electrical and automation.
The fundamental purpose of this position is to plan, implement and lead the effective installation and maintenance of electronic, mechanical and computer optimising systems. This position will play an integral role in the ongoing development and continuous improvement of our operations.
Responsible for leading the site electrical team of 16; this is a hands-on role requiring someone with a can-do attitude. Must be willing to get hands dirty and be able to work closely with and foster strong engagement with maintenance, project and operational teams. The successful applicant must be motivated by targets and results, including previous experience in leading high performing teams.
This position will take the lead on site automation, however, may also work as part of the wider AKD Group Electrical & Automation team.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the electrical team
- Installation and maintenance of electronic, mechanical and computer optimising systems
- PLC Program modifications
- Fault finding of PLC controlled equipment
- Drafting and Design
- Design, Install and Program Electronic Safety Systems
- Upgrading, servicing and commissioning of PLC controlled equipment
- This position may suit someone with a degree or qualification in Automation, Electronics, Mechatronics or Industrial Systems, or an experienced special classed electrician. For us, the ‘right’ person and capabilities is more important than the right qualification.
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Experience in leading a team
- Extensive experience with PLC’s, VSD’s, Motion Control in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience (ideally 5+ years) with programming products (ideally Allen Bradley and Rockwell)
- Ability to design auxiliary automated equipment
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to identify, propose and execute machine performance/ value generation opportunities
If you’re keen to join the team and you believe you have the experience and motivation we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume (using reference code EAMGR22) to: email@example.com
Applications close 19th September 2022
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.