Dispatch Administration Officer – DA1122
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are now offering an opportunity for an energetic and self motivated person to join the AKD Dispatch and Logistics team in a full-time position. Providing support and assistance to the Dispatch team, this position would perfectly suit someone who is keen to get their foot in the door and launch their career in Dispatch & Logistics.
This position will require someone who is results orientated, has solid computer skills, and has a high attention to detail and accuracy. The candidate will also need to be a strong in communicator and comfortable to engage with others. This role will be reporting to the Fleet Controller, with a focus on delivering high-quality support and assistance to the dispatch team as well as building strong and loyal relationship with our customer base.
This position is based on a day shift structure, working 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
The Dispatch Administration Officer will be responsible for tasks including (but not limited to):
- Daily receipting loads of timber, residues and logs & checking invoices for accuracy
- Data entry
- Compliance checks and documentation audits of logistics compliance regulations
- Driver site inductions
- Communicating with and coordinate contractors and customers
- Inventory control and stocktake requirements
This role should be viewed as a long term career opportunity which will not be limited to the tasks above. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate, with potential to take on extra responsibilities within the department and the rest of the business as the successful applicant’s skills develop.
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will have:
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Well established organisation, planning and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- A willingness to undertake further training
- A strong attitude towards health, safety & wellbeing
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry would be advantageous, but isn’t compulsory
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘DA1122’ to email@example.com.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 14th December 2022
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.