Dispatch Supervisor – DISCOL23
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an opportunity for an organised, energetic and motivated person to join the AKD Supply Chain team as Dispatch Supervisor. The position is responsible for the overseeing the operational and administrative functions within the dispatch department and ensuring that our Dispatch department is operating efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will be committed to our people, their safety and continuous improvement of our product and processes. This position will be coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance, equipment utilisation and quality. The role is a key position within our business, with a development pathway intended towards management experience and exposure.
Leading a team of approximately three people, it is preferred the applicants have previous experience in developing and leading high performing teams and an unrelenting commitment to safety. Having worked in a similar timber process manufacturing facility or industrial manufacturing environment is desired but not mandatory.
The Dispatch Supervisor will be responsible for and overseeing these tasks including:
- Dispatch and receipting loads of timber
- Data entry
- Coordination of daily loading plans and schedules
- Communicating with and coordinate contractors and customers
- Checking invoices for accuracy
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate, with potential to take on extra responsibilities within the department and the rest of the business as the successful applicant’s skills develop.
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will have:
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Well established organisation, planning and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- A willingness to undertake further training
- A strong attitude towards health, safety & wellbeing
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry would be advantageous, but isn’t compulsory
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘DISCOL23’ to email@example.com.
Applications Close: 8th January 2024
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.