Electrical Coordinator – EC0523
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
We are seeking applications from a highly motivated, appropriately qualified and experienced Electrical Coordinator to provide technical and electrical support to our experienced team of electricians.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, successful applicant will have a can-do attitude, be willing to get their hands dirty and to be able to work closely with key stakeholders including maintenance, engineering, operational teams and contractors.
This role will be varied and engaging, with the successful candidate to complete works such as electrical systems upgrades, through to testing and commissioning. This is a perfect position for an experienced Electrician, that has experience working on projects and within a team environment, with manufacturing experience preferred. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to succeed, increase efficiencies and drive safety across the department and site.
This position will be part of an established electrical team, the scope of work will include a broad range of tasks including:
- Ensure that all electrical work is carried out in compliance with all relevant legal, statutory and corporate requirements.
- Establish and maintain a best of breed predictive and preventative maintenance system for electrical equipment and systems.
- Supervise electrical maintenance activities so they are delivered efficiently and effectively in accordance with the annual Site Operations Business Plan.
- Support electrical project activities so they are delivered efficiently and effectively in accordance with the annual Site Operations Business Plan.
- Lead, manage and develop the Electrical Department employees.
- Develop and support the weekly electrical maintenance plan
- Support ongoing installations and maintenance work Improving outcomes and standards
- Assist and support automation technician with PLC fault finding and programming
Experience and Requirements:
- Relevant electrical certificate / license
- Proven experience with PLC, HMI & SCADA systems
- Project and plant upgrades experience is preferred
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Absolute commitment to health & safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘EC0523’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close: 17th May 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.