Finance Manager – Forestry – FMF0224
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
As a result of continued growth within our Forestry department, we are pleased to be offering this newly created opportunity for an astute, self-motivated finance person to join our team as Finance Manager. Reporting to the General Manager Forestry, this position will be based at our Colac office supporting a portfolio of assets including our forest growing assets, our log procurement programme, and our Post and Poles business (Portland Pine Products). The role will also work closely with our wider Finance team and will provide financial and commercial support to the Forestry operation using the existing information systems and is motivated to implement business based practices.
This full-time position is based at our Colac site and will periodically involve support for the broader AKD national business.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for tasks including:
- Preparation and presentation of financial and management reports
- Budget & Forecast preparation
- Cashflow forecasting and management
- Capital expenditure evaluation and justification
- Assist with procurement, supply chain and payroll
- Assist in database and business system development
- Ad-hoc analytical assignments to support strategic and tactical decision making
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- Be a driven self-starter, who is commercially astute
- Be suitably tertiary qualified and preferably CA/CPA qualified
- Relate well to, and engage with, a variety of stakeholders
- Have experience in a processing or manufacturing environment (advantageous)
- Be able to communicate effectively across the entire organisation.
The role would suit a finance professional seeking a role with a significantly broader scope than your traditional accounting role. Previous experience in forest growing or manufacturing is an advantage but not mandatory.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. Flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘FMF0224’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Colac HR Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close 16th February 2024
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.