Fleet Controller – FC0822
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an opportunity for an organised, energetic and motivated person to join the Dispatch and Logistics team as Fleet Controller. The position is responsible for the overseeing the planning and administrative functions within the dispatch department and ensuring that our Dispatch department is operating efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will be committed to our people, their safety and the continuous improvement of our product and processes. This position will be coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance, equipment utilisation and quality. The role is a key position within our business, with a development pathway intended towards management experience and exposure.
Leading a team of approximately 17 truck drivers, it is preferred the applicants have previous experience in developing and leading high-performing teams and an unrelenting commitment to safety. Having worked in a similar transport & logistic role facility environment is desired but not mandatory.
The Fleet Controller will be responsible for and overseeing these key tasks including:
- Manage company heavy vehicle fleet operations and maintenance scheduling to ensure the availability of vehicles to ensure high performance
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) and Chain of Responsibility (CoR) daily compliance and annual audits
- Undertake event investigation, coaching and training (including CoR and compliance training)
- Oversee and arrange outbound loads of residues including coordinating and liaising with 3PL transport companies
- Ensure daily internal stock movements meet shuttling planning & scheduling requirements
- Looks for ways to reduce costs, in addition to finding means for getting better fuel efficiency.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Dispatch and receipt loads of timber when required
- Coordination of daily loading plans and schedules when required
- Communicating with and coordinating contractors and customers
- Checking invoices for accuracy
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate, with the potential to take on extra responsibilities within the department and the rest of the business as the successful applicant’s skills develop.
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Skilled in Chain of Responsibility
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-established organisation, planning and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong attitude towards health, safety & wellbeing
- A Degree in Supply Chain and Logistic preferred but not essential
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘FC0822’ to email@example.com. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications Close: 24th August 2022
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.