Forest Information Specialist – FIS0224
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a driven and self-motivated person who enjoys working both indoors and outdoors to join our Forestry team in the position of Forest Information Specialist. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this role will manage the day to day running of the Geographic Information Systems and stand record keeping systems. This includes the capture, cataloguing, storage and analysis of spatial data, administration of stand records and the design and preparation of digital maps.
The position provides great growth and development opportunities and it is preferred but not mandatory that the successful candidate will have worked in a similar Forestry position and/or environment. Previous experience with GIS mapping is also an advantage for this position.
This full-time position is based at either of our Colac or Tumut offices and will support the broader AKD Forestry business.
Supported by a passion for the industry and motivated to make a difference, the successful candidate will work effectively in a team and be willing to travel regularly as part of the position.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Able to understand and implement high-level technical information
- Ability to use initiative within the framework of AKD’s procedures
- Work methodically and strictly adhere to policies and procedures
- Ability to support the forestry team in both projects work and managing current forestry assets
- Maintain, review and update forestry mapping & data in an accurate and timely manner
- Drive continuous improvement through all processes
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Absolute Commitment to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Experience in spatial data (ARCGIS) and stand record systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability of developing key professional relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Current Drivers Licence
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘FIS0224’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Colac HR Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close 16th February 2024
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.