Graduate Supply Chain Analyst – ANALYSTGRAD
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic graduate who is flexible, driven, and has a desire to learn, as a Supply Chain Analyst to join our National team in the Moreton Bay/Northside Brisbane region.
The Supply Chain function is responsible for overseeing the entire system of producing and delivering our timber products in order to meet business and customer needs. Responsibilities typically consist of monitoring and reviewing process performance, followed by identification, implementation, and analysis of potential improvements. The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Detailed orientated tasks in this ‘hands-on’ role
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Creative Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement
- Working with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Power BI and able to demonstrate capability in using similar analysis tools.
The role will work both collaboratively and independently on projects as assigned by our National Supply Chain Manager. We are open to applications from candidates with any discipline including specialisations in statistics, data analysis, business, or logistics management.
The individual will also be part of our graduate cohort program where additional professional development will be provided. This includes:
- A positive, fun, and engaging experience
- Exposure to multiple business functions/departments and ideally sites
- Experience with real projects, responsibilities and building expertise
- Support from a dedicated mentor for the duration of the program
- Structured networking with AKD personnel and peers
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Perform investigations into existing processes and identify, develop, implement and analyse solutions to improve process.
- Prepares supply chain studies and creates new processes and procedures and analyses the operation of existing systems based on preliminary review and user requirements.
- Regularly review operational data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes to proposals, plans, reports, presentations, projects and documentation
- Explore and optimise supply chain elements and be willing to challenge and innovate existing processes and procedures
- Collaborate with staff members at all levels across the business, as well as external vendors, contractors and consultants as needed.
- Bachelor of Business Statistics, Risk, Data Analytics or similar
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, particularly Excel and Power BI
- Experience with knowledge of PowerBI, PowerQuery and/or Pivot Tables advantageous but not essential.
- Appreciation for basic statistics and its application to data analysis and production reporting.
- Commitment to safety, wellbeing and a zero-harm environment.
If you’re keen to join the team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using subject title ANALYSTGRAD. For further information regarding this opportunity please contact Gen Ryan via email on email@example.com
Applications close: 15th May 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.