Human Resources Manager – HRQLD
With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,100 plus strong team members and are
passionate about what we do! We are proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals whilst embracing team work.
We are seeking an experienced HR professional to join our Business with HR responsibility for the Caboolture based operation and supporting its 220+ employees. The position would suit a seasoned HRM or someone looking to take the next step in their HR career. Flexible work options are available.
Reporting to the Site Manager and as part of the Site Leadership Team this is a truly generalist HR role, being exposed to all aspects of the HR function. The position will also work closely with and be supported by the General Manager of HR and national HR support team.
The position requires a team orientated person with strong coordination and influencing skills, with a natural bias towards people and their wellbeing. Attention to detail, strong communication and organisational skills, along with the credibility to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders, is integral for this role. As is the ability and willingness to challenge and enhance existing processes and systems through strong advocacy and leadership.
AKD has an ethos of HR not being a place of bureaucracy and control, instead act to support the business and its’ people, making things easier, and developing people to be at their best. We are willing and wanting to make continuous improvement in what we do and this is supported by the business, its culture and approach. Development of our people is important to us, and this role is key in supporting and enabling this.
The opportunity is based out of our Caboolture site, located within the beautiful Moreton Bay Region of Queensland 44 km north of Brisbane, on the doorstep to Bribie Island and the sensational Sunshine Coast and Hinterland. Relocation support is available.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with the site leadership team, managers and other members of the national HR team to constantly drive engagement, retention, development and overall positive culture throughout the company
- Initiate and implement HR strategies and drive HR projects and initiatives
- Support the site to ensure best practice HR is being applied in alignment with AKD’s desired culture and values
- Keep abreast of legislative and best practice changes and contribute to the overall group HR function
- Implement and interpret HR policies, procedures and guidelines, and provide advice on employee relations issues
- Support, mentor and lead managers and supervisors throughout all stages of the employee lifecycle
- Lead and coordinate the recruitment and onboarding of new employees
- Provide advice, support and tools to ensure we develop high performing teams \
Experience & Requirements:
- Tertiary qualified in HR, Business, Commerce or similar is preferred. Alternatively extensive experience in HRM
- Familiarity with workplace agreements and their negotiations and implementation; along with application of relevant legislation
- Clear and effective communication skills – confident in presenting information to others
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful and challenging situations
- Experience in a manufacturing or FMCG business is an advantage
If you are passionate about modern HR, and developing people please apply via Seek using reference code ‘HRQLD’ in your cover letter. For further information please email email@example.com or call (03) 5234 1800 and ask for Clark Rodger (GM – HR).
Applications close 20th February 2024. Pre-employment tests required.