Loader / Log Grab Operator – LOG0722
- Fantastic afternoon shift position with shift loadings
- Great shift roster providing opportunities for overtime
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Log Grab Operator, to join our green mill & log sort team. Our emphasis is on finding the ‘right person’ to continue to build on our team and success-oriented culture. Working and attractive shift roster of 4 x 9.5hr shifts, 4 days a week on afternoon shift with a rotating rostered day off. This is permanent full-time position with shift loadings applied to this roster.
This position requires an experienced operator to unload log trucks, loading and unloading logs from our log sorter and ensuring our green mill is stocked with logs on a regular basis.
The right candidate will have great communication skills and a friendly nature, with proven experience maintaining strong relationships with customers and contractors.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current Loader license is essential
- Forklift licence with experience on 5t to 16t forklifts is preferred, but not mandatory and can be provided
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and wellbeing
- Exceptional communication skills
- Positive and well composed attitude
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘LOG0722’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications Close: 15th July 2022
Drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.