Log Procurement Manager – LGM0224
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
As a result of continued growth within our Forestry department and broader business, we are pleased to be offering this newly created opportunity for an astute, self-motivated candidate to join our team as Log Procurement Manager. Reporting to the General Manager Forestry, this position will manage AKD’s log procurement and residue sales activities which is more than 2.0 Million cubic metres annually.
In this role you will be responsible for managing established wood supply agreements and ensuring that supply of the appropriate quality, specification, wood properties and volume are secured to meet production requirements within targeted cost parameters. This position will play a key role at the interface with existing log suppliers, as well as continuing to diversify the supplier base as needed.
The position will best suit someone with either a relevant Qualification (or similar) and/or someone with demonstrated experience in a procurement or sales management role within a forestry or manufacturing environment.
This full-time position is based at either of our Colac or Tumut sites and will support the broader AKD national business.
The Log Procurement Manager will be responsible for tasks including:
- Leading the procurement process using existing log agreements to meet production demands
- Evaluating competitive tender processes
- Negotiating new log supply and residue sales agreements
- Ensuring procurement and supply agreement processes are effective and efficient
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- Have a sound knowledge of forestry Supply Chain processes
- Absolute commitment to Health & Safety
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and relationship skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Tertiary qualifications are looked upon favourably, however those with previous relevant experience or a willingness to learn or undergo further studies are encouraged to also apply.
The role would suit a professional seeking a role with a significantly broader scope than your traditional procurement role. Previous experience in timber, forestry or manufacturing is a leading advantage.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. Flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘LGM0224’ to email@example.com.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Colac HR Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close 16th February 2024
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.