Logistics Supervisor – LGJELFOR
Jelfor Timbers, part of the AKD Group, is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
Jelfor Timbers is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an opportunity for an organised, energetic and motivated person to join our team as Logistics Supervisor. The position is responsible for the planning and administrative functions within the logistics department and ensuring that our department is operating efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will be committed to our people, their safety and continuous improvement of our product and processes. This position will be coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance, equipment utilisation and quality. The role is a key position within our business, with a development pathway intended towards management experience and exposure.
Leading a team of two people, it is preferred the applicants have previous experience in developing and leading high performing teams and an unrelenting commitment to safety. Having worked in a similar timber process manufacturing facility or industrial manufacturing environment is desired but not mandatory.
The Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for and overseeing these tasks including:
- Dispatching and receipting loads of posts and poles
- Data entry
- Coordination of daily loading plans and schedules
- Communicating with and coordinate contractors and customers
- Checking invoices for accuracy
- Assist in the sales and distribution of stock
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate, with potential to take on extra responsibilities within the department and the rest of the business as the successful applicant’s skills develop.
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will have:
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Well established organisation, planning and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Inventory and yard management
- A willingness to undertake further training
- A strong attitude towards health, safety & wellbeing
- Knowledge or experience in Legislative requirements (Chain of Responsibility)
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry would be advantageous, but isn’t compulsory
- High risk licence – telehandler licence
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘LSJELFOR’ to email@example.com.
Applications Close: 2nd December 2022
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.