Maintenance Area Coordinator – MACDMC22
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking a skilled, experienced, and motivated Maintenance Area Coordinator to join our Colac maintenance team, with a strong commitment to safety and a focus and passion for continuous improvement.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will plan daily maintenance activities with a ‘hands on’ approach within our Dry Mill process, coordinating their team to achieve high levels of safety including preventative maintenance and production efficiency. This position requires the successful candidate to complete Root Cause Analysis to identify continuous improvement projects for our sawmill operations. The position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the Maintenance Fitters in weekly work packages for the site
- Raise Corrective Work Orders from Planned Maintenance carried out and Production Maintenance Requests.
- Organise parts & resources for shift maintenance personnel
- Evaluate preventative maintenance checks and make recommendations and changes as required
- Liaise with shift maintenance and production personnel regarding existing issues and identify engineering solutions to suit
- Ensure our CMMS (MEX) is accurate and under control
- Conduct RCA’s on equipment failures as directed
- Ensure critical spares are kept on site and in breakdown situations expedite parts to site with urgency
- Plan shuts including all parts and resources
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Demonstrated ability to Lead a Team
- Completed Trade Certificate (Desirable)
- Preventative maintenance experience
- Absolute commitment to health & safety
- Strong verbal and written communicational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Efficient time management
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘MACDMC22’ to the below addresses. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 5th December 2022
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.