Maintenance Supervisor – MSCAB0623
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking a skilled, experienced, and motivated Maintenance Supervisor to join our Caboolture maintenance team, with a strong commitment to safety and a focus and passion for continuous improvement.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will plan and lead daily maintenance activities with a ‘hands on’ approach supervising their team to achieve high levels of safety including preventative maintenance and production efficiency. This position requires the successful candidate to complete Root Cause Analysis to identify continuous improvement projects for our sawmill operations. The position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage the maintenance teams daily work schedule to achieve maintenance targets set out by the maintenance plan.
- Allocate work to team members based on their skill level to ensure the effective completion of the task within the timeframe provided.
- Perform effective diagnosis of equipment breakdowns and coordinate the timely repair of equipment to maximise availability.
- Document breakdowns, identifying root cause and remedial action to help identify and resolve recurring issues.
- Consistently demonstrate a high personal standard and work ethic, cascading it down to the team so that each member understands what is expected and the correct behaviours to aspire to.
- Assist with the development of maintenance procedures and proactive/ preventative maintenance programs
- Develop and upskill the maintenance teams to improve site reliability and eliminate recurring issues.
- Plan yearly shuts including all parts and resources.
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Demonstrated ability to Lead a Team
- Completed Trade Certificate
- Preventative maintenance experience
- Absolute commitment to health & safety
- Strong verbal and written communicational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Efficient time management
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘MSCAB0623’ to the below addresses. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close: 28th June 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.