National Sales Account Manager – NATSALES23
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
AKD is seeking a self-driven and passionate National Sales Account Manager to join our Sales Team. Reporting to the General Manager of Sales; the position will contribute and drive outcomes of the wider National Sales Strategy by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships and driving sales planning and activity to create greater value for AKD and its customers.
The successful applicant must have a passion to work in a decision orientated, fast-paced, people first environment, and have demonstrated sales and customer relation experience. Experience in sales management or supply chain management is an advantage, with the role also involved in budgeting and forecasting activity.
The candidate will have either a tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience. Exposure to the timber and construction industry is an advantage, but not a necessity. Working as part of a great team the position would suit either a seasoned professional, or someone looking to take the next step in advancing their sales career.
AKD values flexibility, with location of the position flexible for the right candidate, ideally based out of one of our current office/site locations in VIC, NSW and QLD. Flexible work hours/days may be considered for the right candidate. Relocation support is available.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty by identifying and satisfying customers’ needs through pro-active customer contact and developed relationships
- Developing and implementing sales and pricing strategies in consultation with the General Manager of Sales and the broader AKD Sales team
- Excellent report writing and analysis
- Conducting product presentations
- Market Research and Product Development
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer-focused sales role
- Exceptional communication and presenting skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to learn all aspects of sawmilling operations and AKD business
- Sound computing and systems skills
- Thrives in an engaging and dynamic environment
- Willing to be a leader as part of a high performing team
- Ability to work well in a dynamic industry and is driven to succeed.
If you believe this may and joining the AKD team may suit you please apply using reference code ‘NATSALES23’ in your cover letter along with a resume. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Colac HR Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 20th October 2023. Pre-employment tests required.