Office Assistant – OFFICE23
Portland Pine Products, part of the AKD Group, is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are seeking an energetic, diligent and vibrant person for the position of Office Assistant to join our team, based at our Heywood site. Providing support and assistance to the team, this position would perfectly suit someone early in their career or looking for the first step into an administrative role.
The position will require someone who has strong organisational skills, a welcoming and professional attitude, and that is passionate about providing exceptional customer service. The successful candidate will support our main office, being responsible for the reception area as the first point of contact for our site.
This role has the potential to be either part or full time for the right applicant and is perfect for someone who has previous administration experience, solid computer skills, enjoys data entry and has a high attention to detail and accuracy. The candidate will also need to be strong in communication and comfortable to engage with others. Reporting to the Portland Pine Planning Coordinator, this position requires a focus on delivery of high-quality support and assistance to the site as well as building a strong and loyal relationship with both employees and customers. The role will be varied and engaging, and we are looking for an eager and dynamic individual.
- Welcoming of visitors and customers, handling enquiries, and directing to the appropriate person
- Answering telephones and directing to the appropriate person
- Coordinating front desk and business activities
- Managing data entry and filing
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in assisting an office and / or administration role
- Strong level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to solve problems and confidence to pursue issues to resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel word and accounting packages such as MYOB
If you thrive on a challenge and believe you hold the commitment and energy to succeed in such a role, then please apply using reference code ‘OFFICE23’ in your cover letter along with your resume. For further information please contact Jaimmii on 03 5527 1904 or email@example.com
Applications Close: 5pm, Friday 6th January 2023.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.