Production Manager – PMPORT23
(Post & Poles)
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
AKD are seeking an experienced and driven individual to join our team in the position of Production Manager, based in Heywood Victoria. This position will lead the Portland Pine production team, focused on creating a zero-harm safety culture, driving a high performing team and executing on performance expectations. This position would suit a motivated individual that has experience in managing people and driving performance outcomes, and who is ambitious, and career orientated.
This position will drive the safe and efficient management and operations of the site, by creating and supporting a fun and engaging work environment, that supports individuals to develop and succeed in their roles. This position is perfect for someone with a passion for innovation, process and continuous improvement.
We believe the position will best suit someone with either Management or Manufacturing Qualifications (or similar) or someone with strong experience in production or people management. Exposure to the timber or manufacturing industries will be valuable but not necessary. This position will be responsible for managing a team of over 20 to 30 people.
Reporting and working closely with the Post & Poles Manager; the position will be part of the site’s leadership team and contribute to the overall site strategy. The successful candidate must be willing to challenge and enhance existing processes and systems and be a team orientated person with strong communication and influencing skills who is self-motivated, and solutions driven.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Optimise business products and processes
- Operational optimisation across multiple plants by working across teams
- Effective planning to optimise utilisation and productivity
- Monitoring and assessing operational activity; identifying opportunities for increased volume, recovery and value
- Creates a culture of accountability through performance metrics and KPIs
- Driving continuous improvement
- Lead, manage, and continually improve the site’s processes and production systems
- Drives and supports initiatives to create a highly engaged, high performing culture
- Contribute to and work collaboratively in the development and preventive maintenance of all site equipment and facilities
- Ensures the departmental structure and roles are adequate to meet operational needs and that they aligned with the strategic direction of the business
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘PMPORT23’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please email or call Jaimmii Jackway (Planning Coordinator) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5527 1904 or email@example.com.
Applications Close: Monday 31st July 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.