Purchasing & Store Supervisor – STORE0522
Attractive wage & hours
Working in a national business and in a great team environment
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven Purchasing & Stores Supervisor to join our Colac team.
This position will play an integral role on our Colac site, supporting the operations and maintenance teams and leading the on-site store and purchasing activities. The role is responsible for ensuring parts and services are sourced in a timely manner and for providing maintenance and operations teams confidence that appropriate stock levels of critical parts are being held on site.
Experience in purchasing and warehouse management is essential, together with the ability to deal with a range of suppliers and internal customers and to supervise purchasing and stores staff members. This is a great opportunity for the right person to take ownership of the purchasing and stores function on a large manufacturing site.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for an on-site store holding critical spare parts and consumables
- Regular stocktaking and critical spare reviews
- Ownership of the accuracy of store records and reports and value of spares held in store
- Site purchasing activities to support sawmilling and maintenance teams and achieve good commercial outcomes
- Supervision of purchasing and stores staff
- Liaison with maintenance, operations and site finance teams
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to lead and manage a small team
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including purchasing and maintenance systems
- Forklift license is an advantage but can be provided if needed
- Any training and licensing required for the position will be provided by the company (if not already held)
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘STORE0522’ to email@example.com. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 30th May 2022
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.