Receptionist / Administration Officer – REC2023
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a focussed, friendly and motivated person to join our business to work closely with our key business leaders in the role of Receptionist / Administration Officer.
The position will require someone who has strong organisational skills, a welcoming and professional attitude, and that is passionate about provided exceptional customer service.
The role of Receptionist / Administration Officer will perfectly suit someone who is self-driven and confident in their communication and relations with others, but also willing to develop and drive their commercial and administration skills on behalf of the business. The role will be varied and engaging, and we are looking for an eager and dynamic individual.
The position is suited to someone with a genuine desire to go ‘above and beyond’, looking for a role to develop and enjoy a successful career with AKD. Opportunities are available for successful applicants to complete a traineeship as part of the position in Business Administration while paid at or above award wages. The position is located at AKD’s Colac Site Office.
This can be a full-time position or with flexible working arrangements as a job share arrangement, for the right candidate(s).
The Receptionist / Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- Providing support and assistance to the Site Leadership Team as required
- Welcoming of visitors and clients, handling enquiries and directing to the appropriate person
- Coordinating front desk and business activities
- Planning and coordination of company events and functions across the country
- Drafting and reviewing, company reports, internal communications, documentation and external media communications
- General office administration duties
Experience and Requirements:
- Professional and friendly demeanour with a passion for providing exemplary customer service
- A positive / can-do attitude and happy to assist our dynamic team where required
- Be highly organised and adaptable
- Willingness to develop and learn by undertaking study
- Fantastic computer skills across a range of software and systems
- Have the courage and confidence to raise issues or foreseen problems with relevant parties
- High level of integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise professional judgement and discretion
If you believe this role suits you, please apply via sending your resume & cover letter using the reference code ‘REC2023’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact Michael Swanson, Recruitment Manager, via email email@example.com or call (03) 5231 9100.
Applications Close 13th January 2023
Note: Pre-employment testing will be required.