Saw Shop Trades Assistant – SAWTA0323
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an opportunity for an energetic and self motivated person to join our team in pursuit of sawing excellence as Trades Assistant. This position will assist our saw technicians to ensure our product and our processes are to the highest quality.
This is a full-time position based at our Caboolture site, with flexibility between day and afternoon shifts and will involve all aspects of sawing performance using the latest technology available. This position would suit a hard working and driven applicant that is looking for a ‘hands on’ position with an innovative timber manufacturing business running the latest technology in Saw Milling equipment.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for someone to get an insight into the tasks and that our saw technicians undertake while offering great wage and shift conditions and strong career path development opportunities.
We are passionate about developing and investing in our sawshop function and team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining sawing machines, tools, and performance to a high standard
- Working with the team to complete alignments, services and monitoring sawing machines across the sites
- Be trained and assist in running CPI based service routines
- Be multi skilled across a number of hands on tasks, with development across a number of areas
- Work closely with our saw technicians to perform routine service work and preventative maintenance to ensure our saws are first class
The successful applicants will have:
- A desire to continue to learn and grow
- Good time management skills, being able to prioritise tasks
- Commitment and hard working attitude
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SAWTA0323’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100 or email@example.com.
Note: Applications close 30th March 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.