Shift Electrician – ELEC1123
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an experienced and trade qualified Electrician to join our team of over 40 qualified tradespeople to work across our Colac / Irrewarra Sawmill sites.
This full-time position will play an integral role in the ongoing development of preventative & predictive maintenance and production efficiency. As part of the site electrical team, this is a hands-on role requiring someone with a can-do attitude and experience in electrical maintenance works within a manufacturing environment.
We offer job security, and a great roster structure for a 38 hour week, an attractive remuneration with opportunity for growth and development while providing a good work/life balance.
The position has an attractive 8-hour shift structure to ensure we are providing adequate electrical and maintenance coverage across the site.
As part of an established electrical team, the scope of work will include a broad range of tasks including:
- Performing trouble shooting, planned preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on plant and equipment
- Diagnosing and correcting all electrical faults
- Perform minor installations and commissioning work as required
- Identifying opportunities and supporting plant improvement
- Producing and reviewing electrical design solutions of current and future requirements
- Providing deliverables including drawings, calculations, specifications and scope of work
- PLC training to be provided on site if required
Preferred qualities and qualifications include:
- Completed trade certificate & license
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- PLC fault finding-Allen Bradley PLC5
- SLC504 / Control Logix / SCADA would be an advantage
- VSD installations, programming and fault finding
- Sound knowledge and acceptance of OH&S Principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If you’re keen to join the team and you believe you have the motivation and positive attitude we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume ‘ELEC1123’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 8th December 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.