Shift Maintenance Fitter – SMF0422
(Attractive 12 hour ‘lifestyle’ roster structure)
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an experienced and trade qualified Shift Maintenance Fitter to join our team of over 30 qualified tradesmen to work across our Colac and Irrewarra sites.
Reporting to the Mechanical Shift Supervisor you will have proven experience providing technical knowledge and solutions for the hands-on day to day maintenance of mechanical plant and equipment. The position is key to supporting the Site Production teams, improving reliability and carrying out preventative maintenance programs across the production areas to minimise plant down time and improve the efficiency of the operation.
This is a full-time position working across our Colac sites based on our “lifestyle” roster, on 12hr shifts with a 7-day rest period every 4 weeks. This position also offers an attractive annualised renumeration with opportunity for overtime, with this being.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues.
- Providing technical support to both maintenance & production personnel.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance and continuous improvement tasks.
- Diagnosis/ fault finding techniques of mechanical equipment and rectification of faults.
- Performing breakdown maintenance efficiently.
- Prioritisation, planning and organizing tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Compliance to industry standard practices.
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems.
Preferred qualities and qualifications include:
- Mechanical Trade Certificate.
- Experience as a Fitter and Turner in a similar role.
- Absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Good level of IT literacy/ computer skills including data entry.
- Experience in using CMMS (MEX) or similar.
- High Risk License in Dogging, Mobile Crane, and Working at Heights, desirable.
- Current Driver’s License.
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SMF0422’ to the below addresses. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 13th May 2022
Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.