Strategy & Business Development Manager – STRATEGY23
AKD is a vertically integrated forestry products company, producing sustainable timber products.
With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have over 1,000 team members and are passionate about what we do! AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a ‘can do’ attitude.
AKD are seeking a Strategy & Business Development professional to support the continued growth of the business, with the newly created role assuming responsibility for shaping the company’s business strategy and identifying and pursuing new investment opportunities.
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the CEO and Executive Team, this role will be exposed to all aspects of the AKD business. The position will suit someone with a degree in Commerce, Business or Economics and approximately 10 years’ experience in Strategy, Consulting, Banking or Industry.
The position requires a driven and motivated person with strong communication and influencing skills and an ability to develop key relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will likely be a proactive, energetic and self-driven individual looking for a career in a growing and innovative company.
The role will be based at either our Colac (Victoria) or North Lakes (Queensland) support offices, and flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Develop effective relationships with the Executive Team and key leaders across the AKD business.
- Present recommendations using compelling written documents and presentation materials.
- Develop understanding of timber industry to support strategy development and opportunity evaluation.
- Develop understanding of AKD’s operations, products and people to support strategy development.
- Develop strong relationships with key external advisors including Corporate and Legal Advisors.
- Develop models for detailed commercial analysis of opportunities and complex problems.
- Responsible for the Development and Ownership of AKD’s Strategic Plan.
Experience and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualified in Commerce, Business or Economics.
- Experience working with, supporting and influencing Senior Management & Leadership teams.
- Experience in strategy development and evaluation of new investment opportunities.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
If you are seeking a role driving the growth of a national business, then apply via Seek or email to firstname.lastname@example.org using reference code ‘STRATEGY23’ in your cover letter.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5234 1800 or email@example.com.
Note: Applications close 5th May 2023. Pre-employment tests required.