Supervisor – Log Sorter – LS0323
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and self-motivated person to lead our log sort operation at our Colac site. The position requires a suitably experienced Supervisor with experience in operations or inventory control, who is committed to our people, their safety and continuous improvement of our product and processes.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will lead daily activities within our log sorter to ensure a high level of output and performance is achieved. The log sort & yard is an integral part of our saw line process and is critical to our overall production performance. This position will also be coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance, equipment utilisation and quality.
Working with both production & forestry teams, the Supervisor will coordinate and manage the sites log storage to ensure efficient and effective use of our space. The role is a key position within the Green Mill department leadership team collaborating across our production, forestry and with key managers and supervisors.
Leading a team of approximately 10 people, it is preferred the applicants have previous experience in developing and leading high performing teams and an unrelenting commitment to safety. Having worked in a similar timber process manufacturing facility, forestry or industrial manufacturing environment is desired but not mandatory.
The successful applicant will:
- Communicate effectively with team & site personnel to support a process of continuous improvement
- Effectively lead the log sort team to maximise production output, safety and quality
- Promote ongoing support and leadership in the development of your team
- Drive high performance and output on production targets
- Deliver improvements across the department and coordinate operations associated with the department
- Contribute to maximising equipment uptime, performance and efficiencies across both log sort and production teams
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Absolute Commitment to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Mechanical / engineering aptitude
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to develop a high performing team
- Proven ability of developing key professional relationships
- Relevant trade/qualifications will be viewed upon favourably
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘LS0323’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5234 1800 or email@example.com.
Applications Close: 5th April 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.