Supply Chain Analyst – SUPPLY23
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic candidate who is flexible, driven, and has a desire to learn, as a Supply Chain Analyst to join our National team in the Moreton Bay/Northside Brisbane region.
The Supply Chain function has tactical and operational responsibility for Sales & Operational planning to meet business and customer needs. Responsibilities typically consist of forecasting, monitoring, and reviewing process performance of operations, sales, and inventory. As well as providing detailed communication, reporting and analysis to the business. The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Detailed orientated tasks in this ‘hands-on’ role
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Creative Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement
- Working with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Power BI and able to demonstrate capability in using similar analysis tools.
This is considered an entry-level opportunity that will be provided the development and exposure for career trajectory over the course of 2-3 years.
The role will work both collaboratively and independently on projects as assigned by our National Supply Chain Manager. We are open to applications from candidates with any discipline including specialisations in statistics, data analysis, business, or logistics management.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Perform investigations into existing processes and identify, develop, implement and analyse solutions to improve process.
- Prepares supply chain studies and creates new processes, procedures and analyses the operation of existing systems based on preliminary review and user requirements.
- Regularly review operational data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes to proposals, plans, reports, presentations, projects and documentation
- Explore and optimise supply chain elements and be willing to challenge and innovate existing processes and procedures
- Collaborate with staff members at all levels across the business, as well as external vendors, contractors and consultants as needed.
- A strong attention to detail and an analytical problem solver
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, particularly Excel (ideally up to date with latest features)
- Experience with and knowledge of PowerBI, PowerQuery and/or Pivot Tables advantageous but not essential.
- Aptitude for mathematical modelling, forecasting and interpreting data
- Appreciation for basic statistics and its application to data analysis and production reporting.
- Aptitude for both mechanical and data-driven approaches to root cause analysis.
- Commitment to safety, wellbeing and a zero-harm environment.
If you’re keen to join the team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com using subject title SUPPLY23.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Applications close: 15th May 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.